As COVID-19 impacts our communities, we would like to assure you that providing a safe and healthy environment for our employees, partners and customers we serve is a top priority. We are actively monitoring the recommendations and guidelines put forth by the CDC and will continue to adjust as necessary. Safety is our top value.
Enhanced Safety Measures
We want to inform you of the heightened measures we have implemented to provide additional safety while performing our services.
- To ensure continuity of our services, our offices and support staff that can conduct their duties remotely will be doing so.
- All in-person, face-to-face meetings have been postponed until further notice. Events and meetings that must be in-person will be rescheduled as allowed.
- Business travel has been limited or restricted through May 1.
- Employees conducting services in our communities will operate in adherence to social distancing guidelines, which includes only one person per vehicle and an instruction to remain at a distance of 8 feet or more from others.
- All vehicles have been equipped with hand sanitizer and gloves.
- Employees have been provided CDC and Public Health Department guidelines on proper handwashing and best practices in virus protection. If they are feeling ill, they have been informed to stay home for the wellbeing of themselves and the safety of others.
Family is also at the foundation of who we are. For those on our team affected by school and business closures, we support their needs at this time. As part of our family, we are sharing important actions you can take as well:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home when you are sick
We will continue to monitor developments and update our response efforts to new precautionary measures as necessary. If you have additional questions for our team, reach out to our main line at 844.764.2682 or email us at [email protected].